Brandon and I found a new mashup guy: E-603 (Ethan Ward from New Hampshire). You can check him out on MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/e603. We heard some samples that were being used as background music for an instructional tech video on You Tube. At first we thought it was Girl Talk, but we later figured out (thanks to the credits) that it was from “Torn Up” by E-603. Here’s one track from mashup artist E-603: “Keep It Cool” from the album “Torn Up” (2009).
Samples from “Keep It Cool” (3:56)
- 0:00 Pase Rock featuring Amanda Blank - “Sexy Motherf*cker”
- 0:00 Whitney Houston - “How”
- 0:03 Lil Mama featuring Chris Brown & T-Pain - “Shawty Get Loose”
- 0:19 CeCe Peniston - “Finally”
- 1:05 Calvin Harris - “Vegas”
- 1:13 Ciara featuring Chamillionaire - “Get Up”
- 1:35 Lady Gaga featuring Colby O’Donis - “Just Dance”
- 1:52 MGMT - “Kids”
- 2:26 Kid Sister - “Pro Nails”
- 2:31 New Order - “Bizarre Love Triangle”
- 3:41 Young MC - “Bust A Move” (also sampled in “Shake Your Rump”)
- 3:48 Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam - “Head to Toe”
(I like this track because it has some of my favorite songs from 1986 — “How Will I Know” from Whitney Houston and “Bizarre Love Triangle” from New Order.) You can download the entire “Torn Up” album and his 2008 album, “Something For Everyone,” from the official E-603 site. Also, be sure to check out an interview with E-603 on “What The Mashup” — a site dedicated to mashed up music. So what do you think? Girl Talk or E-603? Or maybe Brandon will win the mashup contest soon… He got his new Ableton Performance Controller yesterday, so look out for some mashups from the Ballentine household.